Over the last decade, the market share of polyurethane (PU) thermal insulation material has grown from a few percentage points to 10% in a steadily growing overall insulation market. PU Europe is the voice of that industry towards the European institutions and standardisation bodies, relying on a strong membership of national PU trade organisations as well as key raw material suppliers. PU Europe mission is to ensure a sustainable growth of the industry in line with the long term objectives of the European Union. It does so by monitoring legislative developments and engaging with EU decision-makers via industry positions and sound technical expertise.
About the role
The Policy and Technical Affairs Officer will report to the Secretary General and will have the following responsibilities:
- Monitor, analyse and report on key policy areas related to the construction sector (Construction Products Regulation, Sustainable Construction agenda, REACH & CLP implementation…);
- Engage with stakeholders from the construction sector ecosystem in Brussels;
- Coordinate several internal working groups in order to form industry positions;
- Manage internal research projects
- Represent the industry in standardisation meetings;
- Represent the industry towards the European Commission.
Qualifications and desirable attributes
- Degree or equivalent professional qualification in a one of the following fields: engineering, chemistry, or construction;
- At least three years of work experience either in a European organisation or in a business environment related to the construction sector;
- Ideally, knowledge of the European standardisation system and the manufacturing industry;
- Excellent writing skills and attention to detail;
- Proactive mindset, and ability to work effectively in a small team.
What we offer
- A job in a fast-growing industry;
- A full-time position with flexible working conditions, supportive to a good work-life balance;
- A competitive salary package;
- A position that would involve business trips in Europe from time to time.
Up to the challenge?
Applications should be submitted in English with contact details, CV and cover letter saying why the candidate would be suitable for the job (candidates need to be in the possession of a work permit for Belgium if applicable) at the following address: email@example.com.